Choosing the right preschool is one of the most important decisions you can make for your little one. The Learning Lodge can help you ask the best questions to make the right decision for your family. Our expertise in child development and education offers excellent educational opportunities for young children ages 1 to 6 years old.
Which Preschool is Right For You?
Deciding what preschool will work for you is an important and personal decision for your family. There are many factors to take into account when choosing the right school for your child. When choosing a preschool, here are some considerations you should take into account:
1. Is the location convenient for my family? When considering what preschool to send your child to, you want to take into account the school’s location. Do you need a school closer to your home? Is it important to have your child close to your workplace? Our learning facility is conveniently located in Ramsey.
2. What hours is the preschool available? It is important to choose a preschool that works with your schedule. The Learning Lodge is open from 6 am to 6 pm, making it perfect for most work schedules. We are open Monday through Friday year-round.
3. What is the school’s discipline philosophy? A child care facility should utilize disciplinary policies that support learning. Our resourceful child care professionals are highly trained child care professionals who put your children first, focusing on your child’s emotional, physical, and intellectual well-being. We focus on growing together, teaching conflict management, and building skills to help your children throughout their lifetimes.
4. What training do the teachers have? Finding a facility with a highly trained staff is key when choosing someone to care for your child. Our early childhood professionals are trained in CPR and are first-aid certified. Additionally, they are trained in Sudden Unexpected Infant Death Syndrome (SUIDS, formerly SIDS) and Abusive Head Trauma (AHT, formerly Shaken Baby Syndrome).
5. How will the school meet my child’s unique dietary needs? The Learning Lodge provide breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks for our students. We also provide afternoon snacks for school-aged children when they return to us after school. Our meals follow the USDA Child and Adult Food Program guidelines. We make all of our meals from scratch using locally-sourced ingredients whenever possible. We also have chickens and a garden on site, teaching healthy habits and good nutrition from an early age. We can also accommodate special diets and food allergies.
6. What is the cost? Tuition pricing is an important consideration when choosing a preschool for your child. Our early learning center offers affordable full-time childcare.
7. What outdoor play opportunities does the school offer? Healthy outdoor play is a fundamental component of early childhood learning. Our facility offers an expansive outdoor play area for growing children to enjoy. Our childcare experts understand that outdoor play is a key component of the learning and development processes.
8. What will my child learn? At The Learning Lodge, our childcare professionals work with local schools to create a curriculum that prepares your children for education at a higher level. We focus on storytelling, creativity, wellness, math, reading, and other areas of learning which caring for your child’s intellectual, emotional, and physical well-being. Learning is based on a child’s level of development, from sign language and first words for infants to field trips for school-aged children.
9. What are the facilities like? With dedicated facilities for infants, toddlers, and school-aged children, we meet your child’s needs based on their developmental level.
10. Does the school have special needs accommodations? For parents with children who have special needs, finding childcare professionals to trust with your children is key. We offer special needs support for children’s medical needs and individual learning needs. We can meet your child’s individual needs by setting up a specialized program. If your child needs an occupational therapist or speech teacher, he or she will receive the support they need at The Learning Lodge.
It is important to make sure you choose a preschool that meets your child’s individual needs while preparing him or her for the challenges that await in the future. The Learning Lodge focuses on caring for a child’s mind, body, and spirit. We can help with your child’s:
● Social growth
● Emotional growth
● Intellectual growth
● Overall wellness
A Caring and Educational Learning Experience
Finding the right preschool for your precious child can be a challenging task. Our authoritative professional educators are authoritative experts in early childhood development. We can see to your child’s academic needs while caring for his or her unique development as an individual, fostering your child’s unique potential. For more information, call us at 763-427-2587, or you can message us on our contact page.